What does your Google Biz page (GB Page) do for you? Is it just a location listing or is there more? Your Business Page lets you easily connect with customers across Google Search and Maps, and it’s a key piece of letting your customers know if you’re open, if hours have changed or if you are temporarily closed.
If you’ve updated your GB Page, Great!! If not, we’ve outlined the steps below. Kris Cross Promise, it’s not geeky 🙂
Update your opening hours if they have changed or you’re temporarily closed.
- Start here and log into your account. If you can’t remember the email address you used for your account, we can help you track it down – Just ask!
- Once logged in, click on your location to be able to make changes. Take a moment to read their note on edits being delayed… they are prioritizing changes to open/closed, hours, etc.
- Click on the INFO tab on the left side. Here you can adjust hours, or on the lower right side mark your business as temporarily closed.
- Save your changes… there may be a 2-3 day delay as they review these changes.
Your GB Page is also a great way to communicate. You can add posts, which can be something new about your business, new services or a special product, an event or offer. Because this is Google, it doesn’t hurt to add a post on a semi-regular basis. To add a Post:
- Click on the POSTS tab on the left side & select the type of post.
- Add your info (your description can’t be more than 1500 characters).
- Select your Call to Action.
Last piece, if you’ve never paid attention to your GB Page, fill in the details. While the review process may be a bit longer, buffing up your profile will help build your visibility. Here are some areas to look at:
- Add your products &/or services.
- Add in photos, if appropriate of the outside and inside of your business, and of your products.
- There is a “website” feature, but it’s bare bones. We recommend putting more focus on your business description, categories, etc.
Did this give your head a spin?
Connect with us & we’ll help it make sense. We never charge for allowing people to pick our brains, and especially now… How can we help?